Tuesday, April 5, 2011

How to make wall art out of recycled materials





These are so simple and fun and the best part is they are mostly made from things that could have ended up in our landfills. I didn't spend much time on mine but you could really make something nice if you have the patience.
First create a canvas for your art by taking a piece of cardboard. I used the back of an old minute rice box, but you can use whatever you have on hand. Take a paper bag and wrap the card board like you would a gift. should look like this..

Once you have your canvas you can begin decorating. For mine I used some scrap booking paper, a ribbon from a gift basket that was given to me, and a few old greeting cards. 
You could also use old broken jewelery, magazine pages, pictures from old calendars, etc.

To hang the wall art I use two pop can tabs, glued to the back, then I used some ribbon to tie together the pop can tabs and the little stick I got from my yard. Glue the ribbon in place on the stick and your good to go. I have also used ribbon from gift bags for a hanger as opposed to the pop can tabs, and stick.





No comments:

Post a Comment